American Independent Media USA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
American Independent Media USA

Powered By The Partesan Journal

Keywords

Latest topics

» Donald Trump's Imperial Heart
Properly Exercising Your First Amendment Right EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 2:15 pm by Admin

» I Will Vote Never Trump!
Properly Exercising Your First Amendment Right EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:08 pm by Admin

» Properly Exercising Your First Amendment Right
Properly Exercising Your First Amendment Right EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 9:45 pm by Admin

» The Real Economic Face of The United States
Properly Exercising Your First Amendment Right EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 8:58 pm by Admin

Top posting users this month

No user

Properly Exercising Your First Amendment Right

Admin
    Admin

Properly Exercising Your First Amendment Right Empty Properly Exercising Your First Amendment Right

Post by Admin Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:45 pm

In 1787 the American founders established the US Constitution and in 1791 they engraved America’s greatest decree which became the heart and soul of American Liberty but over the centuries the proper intent and use of the First Amendment has been overshadowed by a desire to be offensive, famous, rich, powerful and repressive.

From every corner of civilization, our politicians, our leaders, the media and even our Churches (overwhelmed by personal and political aspirations) indirectly and directly abuse the purpose of the first amendment which is to bring everyone together for the greater cause of national unity and spiritual enlightenment; with this being said, I would like to share with you my own interpretation of the First Amendment.

The First Amendment says the following, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Separation of State From Church-The Government’s Role in Religion

Contrary to modern day interpretation, the first amendment does not forbid public leaders from practicing their convictions openly while in office nor does it prohibit religious institutions from influencing the direction of Government; instead this decree forbids Government including the Supreme Court from interfering in religious practices but what is a religious practice? A religious practice or activity is a common action performed by an individual(s) ( Not A Corporation or Business) in the course of worshiping a deity or performing a set of beliefs. These actions would include but not limited to communion, prayer, chanting, singing, dancing, teaching and/or preaching but would exclude all illegal actions such as human sacrifice, rape, incest and slavery…if these latter activities are being practiced, the first amendment does not apply and the Government and/or law enforcement agency can and should interfere.

Practicing and Publishing My Religious Faith Correctly

My religious faith is Christianity and I believe Jesus Christ is the only avenue to eternal life but I also believe everyone has the right to follow their own religious path but how do I exercise my own spiritual liberty without interfering with my neighbor’s freedom? This is a difficult task but I must present my faith to none-Christians with patience, love and understanding and my words must be inline with the Christian Bible or my words are false. If my encouragement becomes political, forceful or violent, then I am practicing my religion wrongly and suppressing the religious liberty of my neighbor.

Opposing Government Support For Anti-Christian Ideologies

As I said earlier, the first amendment grants individuals and religious organizations the right to persuade the Government; for example: As a Christian I oppose free will abortion, marriage equality, economic inequality, immoral warfare, the death penalty and evolution; these things are universally wrong to me and by law I am allowed to oppose legislation supporting these ideas; I can oppose them verbally, by posting an article or by writing letters to political leaders but at no time, am I lawfully allowed to physically cause harm to anyone who does not agree with my stance on these issues; if I do, I am breaking one of the greatest Christian commandments of all….Do Unto Others as you would have them do unto you.

Or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press

What Individuals (Citizens, Bloggers, etc.) Are Allowed to Do and Not Do

As an American citizen and an amateur blogger, I have the right to gather information, ask questions and form an opinion based on the data collected; once discovered, I can verbally or publish my findings but if those findings are proven wrong, I should have the decency to use my Freedom of Speech privilege to apologize and/or amend my opinion.

What the Press (Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, etc.) Are Allowed to Do and Not Do

Media outlets like Fox News, MSNBC and CNN constantly use the first amendment to push scandalously twisted story lines for worldly or political profit but the freedom of press initiative outlined in this decree it not about money, political partisanship or fame but about gathering facts and publishing the TRUTH; however, if those facts impede National Security or endanger the lives of individuals and/or law enforcement agents, the press should not publish its findings; to do so, would be an act of treason. For Example: The Associate Press several months ago was accused of publishing classified information; if completely true, the agency was not exercising its freedom of press privilege; instead, it was hampering the Government’s effort to protect our liberties.

"or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

The American government can not hinder, oppose or stop people from assembling to voice their opposition to government or secular activities but we often forget the most important term in this declaration.

This decree says or permits individuals or groups to peacefully assemble; in other words, when people gather to voice their support or objections, they must do it calmly and without malicious intentions but when people riot, carry guns to public venues, urge secession, call the President UN-American or commit vulgarities, they are not peacefully assembling; instead, they are undermining the Constitution by behaving childishly uncivilized.

In conclusion, the blessings and privileges outlined in the first amendment grants everyone, including the press, the undeniable right to express the deepest thoughts of the heart and soul but when we execute those opinions, WE MUST DO SO RESPONSIBLY AND WITHOUT PERSONAL HATRED or ASPIRATIONS OF INJURY.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 pm